At Saint Paul Public Schools, we believe that all children are entitled to educational opportunities consistent with their ability to learn.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
* Support the State of Minnesota Graduation Standards and content area packages to promote curriculum in the school.
* Provide occupational therapy screening assessment to students being evaluated for special education or receiving special education. Use Minnesota Department of Education guidelines for Occupational and Physical Therapy for decisions regarding service provision.
* Provide intervention, including direct treatment, consultation and follow-up to students, birth to 21 years of age, determined to be in need of education-based occupational therapy. Assist team in determining specific, reasonable and appropriate educational plan including goals and objectives. Measure intervention outcomes through periodic monitoring and data collection.
* Counsel students and their families/care givers and other service providers in areas related to occupational therapy screening, evaluation and intervention; make referrals when appropriate.
* Select, prescribe, and provide services supporting effective use of assistive technology devices.
* Serve as case manager when appropriate and advocate for students.
* Collaborate with other professionals and families. Use communication skills that take into consideration cultural values of others.
* Demonstrate knowledge and use of special education due process system, including timelines and due process paperwork. Document services for accountability and related billing requirements.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
For a full job description and to apply online, please visit www.spps.org/applicants to the "Occupational Therapist Pool" position, reference #108782.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Paul Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.