The Blackstone Valley Vocational Regional District School Committee is seeking a dynamic vocational/technical educational leader for the position of Assistant Superintendent-Director/Principal who will foster a spirit of independence and enterprise in both students and staff. In an environment of constant challenge and excitement, the system is educating for a global advantage and pioneering a new way of life for the new millennium. The Assistant Superintendent-Director/Principal reports to the Superintendent-Director.
The following minimum qualifications are:
• Master’s Degree.
• Certified (AC2) or certifiable as an Assistant Superintendent-Director of a Regional Vocational Technical School District.
• Certification as Principal/Assistant Principal.
• Minimum three (3) years exemplary performance and demonstrated leadership within an administrative position such as high school principal, assistant principal.
The successful candidate will demonstrate expertise in the following areas:
• Ability to convey vision and implement it with staff, parents, and students.
• Strong administrative experience that provides leadership in creating and maintaining an inclusive, productive, and healthy school environment.
• Cultivation of parent, business, member town, community and regional partnerships that provide enrichment opportunities for students.
The candidate must be able to inspire excellence, achieve consensus and respond effectively to the system’s mission with humor and enthusiasm.
Applicants are requested to submit a current resume, cover letter granting community review of credentials, three (3) current letters of recommendation, transcripts and evidence of DESE certification (s) to:
Dr. Michael F. Fitzpatrick
Blackstone Valley Vocational
Regional School District
65 Pleasant Street
Or via email:
Complete application information must be received by the Superintendent-Director postmarked on or before April 6, 2009. The appointment shall be effective upon July 1, 2009.