This is an amazing opportunity for experienced and dynamic upper elementary or middle school teachers who are interested in helping to create and build a unique national model middle school program that encourages students to excel in academic subjects as well as in leadership development. Class size is approximately 15 students. Parent and colleague community is incredibly supportive and vibrant. In addition to teaching the core subject, teacher will have the opportunity to facilitate a leadership class 2-3 times per week. Teacher will serve as an advisor small group of students.
Aspen Academy is a private school that is committed to providing an intentionally diverse student body an outstanding liberal arts education. We provide the opportunity for advanced performance through individualized education, leadership, character development, and service learning. We are searching for qualified teachers who are committed to improving the minds and lives of students in and out of school.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Implementation and expansion of Aspen Academy’s curriculum for our 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Grades
• Teach assigned classes in the specified subject area and elective courses
• Exhibit mastery and enthusiasm for the assigned academic subjects and classes
• Plan and implement an appropriately focused and balanced curriculum for each student that adheres to the school's curriculum and standards
• Prepare and develop activities, materials and lessons to meet the learning objectives of the curriculum and standards
• Develop and maintain a well-managed classroom where students are engaged, consistently challenged, and supported
• Engage families in their children's education
• Communicate regularly and effectively with students and families
• Implement a variety of assessments that measure progress towards academic standards
• Use assessment data to refine curriculum and instructional practices to help meet the school's performance standards and expectations
• Provide a written Personal Instruction Profile for his/her students in the fall along with two narrative report cards, and maintain a student portfolio for each child
• Prepare students for testing and implement the school’s internal and external assessment program
• Reinforce the school’s core values and policies inside and outside the classroom
• Share responsibilities for participating, organizing, and directing morning meetings, assemblies, student events, and school events.
Three years minimum successful differentiated teaching experience
Possess a vision that stretches beyond the classroom.
Undergraduate degree required, Graduate degree preferred
Please review our website (www.aspenacademy.org) thoroughly before applying.
Aspen Academy is fortunate to have teachers from around the country and the globe working for us. We welcome resumes from potential candidates who desire the opportunity to teach and be part of an academic community in the beautiful state of Colorado. Aspen Academy does not provide funds for interview-related travel or relocation expenses.
Salary is commensurate to experience and education. Health/Dental/Vision Benefits are available.