SEEKING: English III, IV, Journalism
JOB GOALS: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible men and women.
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher.
2. Florida certification in the area to be taught.
3. Good moral character
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
*1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
*2. Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
*3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
*4. Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
*5. Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
*6. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and – in harmony with the goals – establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
*7. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
*8. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
*9 Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
10. Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
*11. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
*12. Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
13. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
14. Makes provisions for being available to students and parents foe education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
15. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s) and cooperatively with department hears, evaluates their job performance.
16. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
17. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
18. To perform other duties as assigned by the principal.
*Essential Job Functions