Apply today and take part in one of the fastest growing programs in higher education. We are currently hiring professionals for Student Finance Advisor – Full Time within the University of Phoenix, a subsidiary of Apollo Group, Inc. We are in need of team players who are excited to be a part of our team and are willing to share in our enthusiasm for helping people fulfill their dreams through higher education.
To promote physical and mental well-being, Apollo Group’s benefit program includes comprehensive health care coverage, a 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, just to name a few. Apollo Group also offers a generous Education Tuition Program to support our mission of meeting the higher education needs of working adults. Employees and their eligible dependents can take advantage this benefit immediately upon hire.
University of Phoenix, as a subsidiary of Apollo Group, Inc., has established itself as an innovator and a leader in higher education. We have a network of campuses that span North America and online classes that students can take around the world. As a fully accredited university, we provide students with relevant curriculum taught by faculty with experience in the fields they teach. Here, working students have the opportunity to get an education, whether their goal is an associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree.
This position provides academic advisement and leadership for all new and continuing students throughout their academic program. Additionally, the Academic Counselor role serves as a liaison between the student and the University with regard to University policies and procedures. This includes developing academic plans for degree or certificate completion following established guidelines. This position may provide some mentoring and training to new Academic Counseling staff as well as experienced Academic Counseling staff.
NOTE: The primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Advisors may perform all or some of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented in the advisors performance objectives as outlined by the advisors’ immediate supervisor or manager.
1. Acts as a liaison between the school and the students with respect to, degree requirements and student progress. Provides students with accurate, timely, complete and comprehensive information on University policies and practices.
2. Effectively Communicates, motivates, and inspires students through critical thinking, creativity, and problem solving to ensure a positive student experience.
3. Audits student schedules for applicability of coursework as well as candidacy for graduation. May play a collaborative role in planning and executing commencement activities.
4. Plays a lead role in advising students in regards to academic or attendance issues to ensure resolution toward a corrective action.
5. Partners with the student to find appropriate ways to reach degree completion through outside testing programs.
6. Monitors attendance, as well as the Academic and Enrollment progress of students to ensure that students are in alignment with University policies and procedures. Provides follow up as necessary.
7. Displays public support and pride in company initiatives, assists others in seeing the positive aspects of a new initiative, and is seen by other members of the team as a positive influence.
8. Completes ongoing training and professional development required for the position.
9. May monitor group size to ensure operational effectiveness and academic integrity. Performs additional analysis on course scheduling based on student enrollment activity.
10. Is proactive in identifying potential barriers within the student academic process and initiates steps resulting in resolution.
11. Assists with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required
12. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• A bachelor’s degree is required from a regionally accredited institution. Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
• Computer literate and able to learn proprietary software applications.
• Familiarity with University of Phoenix culture and market position, business objectives and general policies and procedures preferred.
• Must possess a detailed and thorough understanding of business, education, technology, counseling and nursing programs to counsel students and to act as a resource for other new and experienced Counselors as described above.
• Must have a moderate level of analytical ability to perform conflict resolution and academic advisement as described above.
• Incumbents must collect, analyze and interpret data in order to solve problems and/or trouble shoot potential issues.
• Must possess a significant level of interpersonal and communication skills. Incumbents must be able to lead, communicate, relate and/or interact effectively with others in difficult situations.
• Must have the ability to professionally and effectively deliver presentations to small and large groups.
• Must be results oriented and able to manage various projects or tasks simultaneously.
• General knowledge of the higher education industry preferred
• Very limited travel may be required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Must have the ability to stand and sit frequently throughout an eight-hour period, reach vertically for overhead use as well as horizontally. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment. Incumbent must be able to lift 20 lbs., perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day, and function in an environment with constant interruptions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Apply online at: apollogrpjobs.com
Upon successful completion of the online application, if you meet our requirements you will be able to schedule an appointment with the recruitment services team.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V