Apply today and take part in one of the fastest growing programs in higher education. We are currently hiring professionals for Admissions Advisors/Enrollment Counselors within the University of Phoenix, a subsidiary of Apollo Group, Inc. We are in need of team players who are excited to be a part of our team and are willing to share in our enthusiasm for helping people fulfill their dreams through higher education.
To promote physical and mental well-being, Apollo Group’s benefit program includes comprehensive health care coverage, a 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, just to name a few. Apollo Group also offers a generous Education Tuition Program to support our mission of meeting the higher education needs of working adults. Employees and their eligible dependents can take advantage this benefit immediately upon hire.
University of Phoenix, as a subsidiary of Apollo Group, Inc., has established itself as an innovator and a leader in higher education. We have a network of campuses that span North America and online classes that students can take around the world. As a fully accredited university, we provide students with relevant curriculum taught by faculty with experience in the fields they teach. Here, working students have the opportunity to get an education, whether their goal is an associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree.
This position is responsible for advising undergraduate and graduate students regarding Enrollment and degree completion requirements as well as admitting students for the University's graduate and undergraduate certificate programs. This includes developing academic plans for degree or certificate completion following established guidelines.
NOTE: The primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Advisors may perform all or some of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented in the advisor’s performance objectives as outlined by the incumbents’ immediate supervisor or manager.
1. Conducts student appointments to identify students' educational goals and disseminate course and program information to potential students. This includes advising potential and/or current students with respect to enrollment, transferability and applicability of previous college credits earned, degree program options, degree program requirements and progress, and providing information on university policies, practices and rules, by using judgment and discretion.
2. Assists potential and/or current students in understanding their financial obligations while partnering with students’ assigned finance advisor.
3. Informs the student of appropriate time and program commitments while helping them identify available options to develop a personalized plan for success.
4. Provides effective communication with potential and/or current students via telephone, email, and/or in person. Utilizes critical thinking and problem solving skills to address and resolve student issues and ensure positive student experience.
5. Assists the student by performing appropriate follow up and coordination with team members.
6. Demonstrates personal and professional integrity as outlined in the Apollo Code of Business Ethics.
7. Monitors student participation and progress through the enrollment process to ensure that students are in alignment with University policies.
8. Assists students in making informed decisions by providing ethical, timely, accurate, and comprehensive enrollment options and program information.
9. Is proactive in identifying potential barriers within the student enrollment process and initiates steps resulting in resolution.
10. Displays public support and pride in company initiatives, assists others in seeing the positive aspects of a new initiative and is seen by other members of team as a positive influence.
11. Assists with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Computer literate and able to learn proprietary software applications.
• A bachelor’s degree is required from a regionally accredited institution.
• Must possess high level knowledge of the higher education market and industry.
• Must possess high level understanding of business, education, technology, counseling and/or nursing programs of study.
• Must be student and advisor oriented and have the ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Customer service or advising experience in an educational environment entailing one on one interaction is highly preferred.
• Must possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to accurately convey University information as described above.
• Must have an excellent command of professional presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to groups both large and small.
• Must be self motivated and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, as local travel is generally required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Must have the ability to stand and sit frequently throughout an eight-hour period, reach vertically for overhead use as well as horizontally. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment. Incumbent must be able to lift 20 lbs., perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day, and function in an environment with constant interruptions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This is an outstanding opportunity for recently degreed professionals with an aptitude for sales & customer service. Call Center, banking and retail professionals are encouraged to apply.
Apply online at: apollogrpjobs.com
Upon successful completion of the online application, if you meet our requirements you will be able to schedule an appointment with the recruitment services team.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V