Apply today and take part in one of the fastest growing programs in higher education. We are currently hiring professionals for Student Finance Advisor – Full Time within the University of Phoenix, a subsidiary of Apollo Group, Inc. We are in need of team players who are excited to be a part of our team and are willing to share in our enthusiasm for helping people fulfill their dreams through higher education.
To promote physical and mental well-being, Apollo Group’s benefit program includes comprehensive health care coverage, a 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, just to name a few. Apollo Group also offers a generous Education Tuition Program to support our mission of meeting the higher education needs of working adults. Employees and their eligible dependents can take advantage this benefit immediately upon hire.
University of Phoenix, as a subsidiary of Apollo Group, Inc., has established itself as an innovator and a leader in higher education. We have a network of campuses that span North America and online classes that students can take around the world. As a fully accredited university, we provide students with relevant curriculum taught by faculty with experience in the fields they teach. Here, working students have the opportunity to get an education, whether their goal is an associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree.
The Student Finance Advisor is responsible for Student Customer Service, Financial Aid processes and accounts receivable management. The role focuses on providing an optimal student experience relating to students financing their education. This position communicates with students regarding their finance options and ensures financial processes are completed in compliance with established guidelines.
NOTE: The primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Advisors may perform all or some of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented in the advisors performance objectives as outlined by the advisors’ immediate supervisor or manager.
1. Educates and assists prospective and/or current students regarding policies and requirements for selected finance options, including federal financial aid.
2. Provide proactive, timely, accurate, and comprehensive customer service to students. . Utilizes critical thinking, creativity, and problem solving skills to address and resolve student issues to ensure a positive student experience.
3. Evaluates student accounts to explore solutions that assist students in attaining their educational goals.
4. Facilitates the processing of federal financial aid to ensure compliance with established regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines, and ethical standards.
5. Monitors student account receivables and related financial activity to ensure it is in adherence with the student selected payment option and company policy.
6. Communicates and collaborates frequently with internal departments regarding student customer service.
7. Coordinates the resolution of past due balances under established guidelines through direct contact with students.
8. Demonstrates personal and professional integrity as outlined in the Apollo Code of Business Ethics.
9. Displays public support and pride in company initiatives, assists others in seeing the positive aspects of a new initiative and is seen by team members as a positive influence.
10. Is proactive in identifying potential barriers within the student finance process and initiates steps resulting in resolution.
11. Assists with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required.
12. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• A bachelor’s degree is required from a regionally accredited institution.
• General knowledge of the higher education industry preferred.
• Computer literate and able to learn proprietary software applications.
• Must possess a high level understanding of business, education, technology, counseling and/or nursing programs of study.
• Must be student and advisor oriented and have the ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Previous customer service or advising experience in an educational environment entailing one on one interaction is highly preferred.
• Must possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to accurately convey University information as described above.
• Must have an excellent command of professional presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to groups both large and small.
• Must be self motivated and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, as local travel is generally required.
• Moderate local travel may be required. Some overnight travel may be necessary. Location varies.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Must have the ability to stand and sit frequently throughout an eight-hour period, reach vertically for overhead use as well as horizontally. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment. Incumbent must be able to lift 20 lbs., perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day, and function in an environment with constant interruptions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Apply online at: www.apollogrpjobs.com
Upon successful completion of the online application, if you meet our requirements you will be able to schedule an appointment with the recruitment services team.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V