1. Bachelor’s degree or Post Bachelors in Education from an accredited university
2. Valid State of Arizona Teaching Certificate in designated area
3. Must possess or be able to obtain a Bilingual, ESL or SEI endorsement
4. Successful teaching experience in appropriate area
5. Maintain a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card
6. Demonstrate aptitude and competence for assigned responsibilities
7. Possess a Valid Driver’s License
To successfully implement the district curriculum and educate all students, specifically in guitar.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Delivers instruction in assigned subject area(s) using approved materials.
2. Designs and plans weekly lessons by aligning learning objectives with District curriculum guide and needs of the students.
3. Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the students.
4. Creates safe and orderly environment, conducive to learning and appropriate to students’ maturity and interests.
5. Supervises students in the classroom, cafeteria, and playground to include resolving conflicts. Investigates misconduct situations and determines appropriate action.
6. Assesses and evaluates performance, behavior, and progress of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports/grades as required.
7. Reads, researches, and develops a variety of teaching and instruction materials and strategies for meeting the needs of assigned students.
8. Encourages students to think independently and to express original ideas.
9. Participates in decisions regarding retention and promotion of students.
10. Maintains accurate and complete records as required, to include but not limited to attendance, grade book, and progress reports.
11. Maintains confidentiality of all student records.
12. Maintains current inventory control of all equipment and materials assigned, and maintains proper care of equipment used.
13. Provides feedback to parents regarding various students academic and discipline issues to include communicating with parent through phone calls, progress reports, notes, announcements, and conferences.
14. Collaborates with other professionals and agencies to improve the overall learning environment of students and to achieve school and district goals.
15. Participates in extra curricular activities such as Back to School Night, meetings, evening performances, Parent Teacher Organization (PTO), and open houses to include preparing and coordinating other aspects of public demonstration of student learning.
16. Contributes to professional growth of self and colleagues to include sharing and planning curriculum, staying current with educational trends, and continuing professional growth to meet state and District requirements.
17. Complies with all Local, State, and Federal Laws, regulations, procedures, and policies.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.