WALDEN UNIVERSITY - OFFICE OF FIELD EXPERIENCES
We are currently looking for University Supervisors starting in January!
We have openings in two specialty areas Special Education (SE) and Early Childhood Education (ECE).
University Supervisors are PART-TIME FACULTY members who regularly observe and evaluate teacher candidates during their demonstration teaching experiences. University Supervisors visit school settings during the regular school day to assess the performance of teacher candidates. Collaborating with cooperating teachers, University Supervisors provide leadership for planning, supervising, evaluating, and implementing the demonstration teaching experience for teacher candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide teacher candidates and cooperating teachers with an orientation to Walden University and the demonstration teaching experience.
• Conduct at least 7 observations during the 14 week demonstration teaching experience for teacher preparation candidates.
• Additional observations and communications electronically or by telephone with teacher candidates and/or cooperating teachers may be required when deemed necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Earned Master's and current or past licensure in the field of study or closely related field. (Early Childhood Education/Special Education)
• At least 3 years of teaching experience while holding a valid teaching license in the state where the experience was gained. At least one year of the teaching experience must be at the age/grade level of the assignment
Position offers paid training, travel reimbursement and a stipend is paid per student.
Please apply online at www.waldenu.edu/careers
Walden University is an equal opportunity employer. EOE