Principal– Bilingual Elementary school
Be accountable for the operations of a pre-K, lower elementary and after school Mandarin immersion program in an innovative school located in NY, NY. This role includes operations, marketing, curriculum development, teacher supervision and training, management of parents and children, and the ensuring of a safe and profitable operation. Qualities of initiative, creativity, and ownership are paramount. This position will report to the owner.
• Ensure school is in compliance with NY licensing regulations
• Manage costs effectively
• Ensure effective and clear communication with teachers and parents
• Develop and oversee school schedules, tours, activities
Marketing, enrollment and admissions
• Provide credible leadership to position the school at the forefront of early bilingual education. Network with NY academic community to build strong reputation for school and help ensure placement for students graduating from program.
• Be a lead spokesperson, provide tours, manage open houses and pursue PR and business development opportunities for the school.
• Manage the admissions process as to ensure a strong student body and building a strong reputation of the school
Curriculum and program development
• Develop, implement and continually improve early childhood curriculum in both English and for teaching a second language
• Monitor student performance
• Implement state of the art best practices in early childhood education, and bilingual education in program.
Teacher training and development
• Recruit, hire, train, motivate and evaluate staff. Provide ongoing coaching to improve teaching quality. Address employee issues and discipline.
Families and children
• Provide strong support to families in any aspects related to school.
• Work with the Parent Association
• Ensure an optimal school experience and retention through our program
• Oversee parent communication in conferences, back to school, and other forums
Masters degree in early childhood education
4+ years’ prior experience as a director of a preschool or elementary school
6+ years’ prior experience as an early childhood teacher
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent organizational and management skills
Knowledge of NY admissions processes
Knowledge of the academic environment in Manhattan NY
Strong computer skills – internet, MS office, use of technology in classroom
Bilingual Mandarin native speaker
• Strong leadership and motivator
• Articulate and knowledgeable
• Action oriented
• Detail oriented
• Personable with a strong sense of integrity
• Customer service and business oriented
• Entrepreneurial and willing “to go the extra mile”
• Initiative, creativity, and ownership
Competitive base salary with annual raise based on performance
Paid holidays and vacation
Paid professional development days
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org