Accepting applications for all subject areas and all grade levels. Apply Now at www.teachmemphis.org
Applications are reviewed and interviews are granted on a rolling basis. Applicants are meeting with school hiring teams daily. We urge you to complete your application in the next week to begin interviewing immediately.
*Our Spring Hiring Application Deadline is April 11th, 2011.
Teach Memphis is committed to closing the achievement gap in Memphis City Schools by ensuring that our students’ futures are shaped by the most knowledgeable, talented and dedicated teachers. Our goal is for every child to be taught by an effective teacher every day, every year. Our city’s future is directly tied to the education our children receive. With access to high-quality learning experiences, our students’ lives will be changed, and our city will be transformed.
Teach Memphis (www.teachmemphis.org) is seeking top-tier teachers who are committed to providing a superior education for our students. MCS knows that teachers have a profound impact on student achievement and is committed to hiring and supporting quality teachers. As part of the Teacher Effectiveness Initiative, funded by the Gates Foundation and other Memphis philanthropic organizations, MCS teachers will experience a new level of attention and professional support. Specifically, teachers will experience:
• Improved teacher evaluation process that is more objective and useful.
• Effective professional support.
• Recognition and compensation for teacher excellence.
• Increased incentives to work collaboratively with colleagues.
• Improved school culture.
With a new, highly selective application and screening process, becoming a teacher with Memphis City Schools will place you among an elite group of educators who are transforming lives and communities through their work in the classroom.
Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Have a valid TN teaching license or a reciprocal teaching certificate from another state.
• Have a Bachelor’s degree or higher with a minimum GPA of 2.5. Elementary and Early Childhood applicants must have a GPA of 2.75.
• Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
• Pass a criminal background check.
Candidates will benefit from a user-friendly online application and streamlined screening process. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Competitive salary starting at $40,256.88 with a BA and $43,522.80 with an MA;
• Full medical, dental, and visions benefits;
• Retirement benefits through the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System
MCS provides extensive ongoing professional development and training for teachers through the district’s state-of-the-art Teaching & Learning Academy, a teacher induction program, ongoing mentoring and advancement opportunities.
We are currently accepting applications for all subject areas and all grade levels. Applications are reviewed and interviews are granted on a rolling basis. We urge you to complete your application in the next week to begin interviewing immediately. Please visit www.teachmemphis.org to learn more about teaching in Memphis City Schools and to complete your application by July 19, 2010.
To learn more about the Teacher Effectiveness Initiative, please visit