Our Application Deadline is May 2, 2011.
Do you speak Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Japanese, German, Spanish, French, or Latin? If so, Memphis City Schools wants to hear from you. We are looking for individuals who have demonstrated excellence in their field of study to begin teaching this fall. No previous teaching experience is necessary. With a degree in one of these languages, 24 credit hours, passing PRAXIS scores, or an intermediate high or better rating on the OPI, you could qualify to teach on a transitional license while pursuing your certification. Given the opportunity and the right training, talented and driven individuals who do not have a background in education can become extraordinarily effective and valuable teachers.
With a new, highly selective application and screening process, becoming a teacher with Memphis City Schools will place you among an elite group of educators who are transforming lives and communities through their work in the classroom.
Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Have a TN teaching license, reciprocal license from another state, or meet TN transitional licensure requirements (degree in the Foreign Language, 24 credit hours, or an intermediate high or better rating on the Oral Proficiency Interview).
• Have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 2.75.
• Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
• Pass a criminal background check.
Candidates will benefit from a user-friendly online application and streamlined screening process. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Competitive salary starting at $40K-$49K+, depending on experience;
• Full medical, dental, and visions benefits;
• Retirement benefits through the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System
MCS provides extensive ongoing professional development and training for teachers through the district’s state-of-the-art Teaching & Learning Academy, a teacher induction program, ongoing mentoring and advancement opportunities.
We are currently accepting applications. Please visit www.teachmemphis.org to learn more about teaching in Memphis City Schools and to submit your application today.
Memphis City Schools does not discriminate in its programs or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, age or genetics. For more information, please contact the Office of Equity Compliance (901) 416-6670.