SCHOOL NAME: Waterside School for Leadership
School Site: 190 Beach 110th St. (Room 301) Rockaway Park, NY
Send Cover Letter and resume to: Watersidewlstaff2010@gmail.com
Principal: Linda T. Munro
Deadline to apply: May 14, 2010
The successful candidate will demonstrate evidence of capacity and willingness to carry out the above duties and responsibilities in accordance with the mission and core beliefs of the school:
• Excellent classroom management skills are a must.
• A genuine love for middle school students and a desire to see them succeed.
• Ability to incorporate hands-on and co-operative learning activities
• Ability to develop and use project based learning units, utilizing planning backwards model
• Ability to differentiate instruction for all students, including special education and English Language Learners within a non-traditional school schedule and organization structure
• Ability to seamlessly integrate technology in the classroom
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, parents, students, etc
• Current multi-faceted knowledge in the content area, with an emphasis on effective strategies.
• Ability to incorporate reading and writing strategies in daily routines and classroom instruction
• Familiarity with professional literature and best practice in content area
In addition to an interview, teacher candidates must present a teaching portfolio, which may include, a resume, evidence of philosophy of education, evidence of curriculum planning such as course outline and lesson plans, and any teaching artifacts collected throughout the teaching career. Teaching artifacts may include student work, images of student work and presentations, and curriculum development examples. Teacher candidates should also be available for a demo lesson. Applicants must provide three references.