Harlem Village Academies – a network of high performing charter schools – seeks Homework Club Supervisors to ensure that students are focused and completing their homework assignments. We currently have 2 openings for this position, one at Harlem Village Academy Leadership Middle School and one at Harlem Village Academy High School.
HVA Leadership Middle School: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 4:15 – 5:45pm
HVA High School: Monday – Thursday 4:15 – 6:15pm; Friday 2:45-4:45pm
The ideal candidate for this position must have proven experience supervising youth. The Homework Club Supervisors will contribute to a results-focused culture and will maintain an orderly and respectful learning environment. He or she will report to the school’s principal.
• Supervise students to ensure that time is being used effectively
• Manage students’ use of laptops and other technology for assignments
• Ensure that students are being dismissed in a safe and orderly manner
• Demonstrate professionalism at all times
• A strong classroom presence
• Teaching experience preferred
• Proven experience working with middle school students, preferably in an urban setting
• A belief in Harlem Village Academies' vision for student academic achievement
• Highly motivated and ability to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
Interested candidates should review our website (www.HarlemVillageAcademies.org) to ensure their professional goals and educational philosophy align with Harlem Village Academies. Please email your resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please write "Homework Club Supervisor" and indicate whether you are applying for the high school or middle school position.