Under general supervision, this position provides clerical and administrative support to the campus marketing staff.
Apollo Group, Inc. was founded in 1973 in response to a gradual shift in higher education demographics from a student population dominated by youth to one in which approximately half the students are adults and over 80 percent of whom work full-time. Apollo's founder, John Sperling, believed -- and events proved him right -- that lifelong employment with a single employer would be replaced by lifelong learning and employment with a variety of employers. Lifelong learning requires an institution dedicated solely to the education of working adults.
Today, Apollo Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, University of Phoenix, College for Financial Planning, Insight Schools, Inc., Institute for Professional Development, and Western International University, has established itself as a leading provider of higher education programs for working adults by focusing on servicing the needs of the working adult.
Apollo Group has enjoyed continual growth in student enrollments as well as building a strong financial record by having more than doubled its total enrollments and revenues between 2001 and 2005. Apollo Group, looking to continue the growth, completed its initial public offering on December 6, 1994 with a price of $0.72 per share (adjusted for stock splits).
• Performs clerical and administrative functions such as word processing, data input, file management, and preparation of correspondence to support the campus marketing and enrollment processes.
• Performs student recruitment activities by conducting telephone follow up with students to answer routine inquiries, schedule meetings and appointments, and other related information. This also includes providing assistance with incoming telephone calls and walk-ins as needed.
• Compiles, generates, and distributes correspondence and reports to staff in a timely and effective manner. This may include providing research assistance and/or preparing moderately complex calculations required in marketing compensation reports to staff members on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Assists in the preparation and distribution of marketing and/or promotional materials such as informational packets, flyers, brochures, and other campus literature. This includes assisting with ordering and maintaining inventory for all department material, following established departmental guidelines and procedures.
• May assist in coordinating special events as assigned or directed.
• Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• High school diploma or equivalent education required.
• One to two years of experience in a customer service position preferred.
• Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions as they relate to the functions listed above.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner.
• Must have sufficient oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to assist internal and external customers with inquiries, schedule meetings and appointments, as well as, provide assistance with incoming telephone calls and walk-ins, as described above.
Compensation: Highly competitive base salary and benefits including exceptional tuition plans for Bachelors, Masters, and PHDs
Apply online at: www.apollogrpjobs.com
Please do not email resumes
Upon successful completion of the online application, if you meet our requirements you will be able to schedule an appointment with the recruitment services team.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V