The Finance Advisor is responsible for Student Customer Service, Financial Aid processes and accounts receivable management. The role focuses on providing an optimal student experience relating to students financing their education. This position communicates with students regarding their finance options and ensures financial processes are completed in compliance with established guidelines.
Apollo Group, Inc. was founded in 1973 in response to a gradual shift in higher education demographics from a student population dominated by youth to one in which approximately half the students are adults and over 80 percent of whom work full-time. Apollo's founder, John Sperling, believed -- and events proved him right -- that lifelong employment with a single employer would be replaced by lifelong learning and employment with a variety of employers. Lifelong learning requires an institution dedicated solely to the education of working adults.
Today, Apollo Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, University of Phoenix, College for Financial Planning, Insight Schools, Inc., Institute for Professional Development, and Western International University, has established itself as a leading provider of higher education programs for working adults by focusing on servicing the needs of the working adult.
Apollo Group has enjoyed continual growth in student enrollments as well as building a strong financial record by having more than doubled its total enrollments and revenues between 2001 and 2005. Apollo Group, looking to continue the growth, completed its initial public offering on December 6, 1994 with a price of $0.72 per share (adjusted for stock splits).
Minimum Job Requirements:
• A bachelor's degree is required from a regionally accredited institution.
• General knowledge of the higher education industry preferred.
• Computer literate and able to learn proprietary software applications.
• Must be student and advisor oriented and have the ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Previous customer service or advising experience in an educational environment entailing one on one interaction is highly preferred.
• Must have an excellent command of professional presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to groups both large and small.
• Must be self motivated and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Compensation: Highly competitive base salary and benefits including exceptional tuition plans for Bachelors, Masters, and PHDs
Apply online at: www.apollogrpjobs.com
Please do not email resumes
Upon successful completion of the online application, if you meet our requirements you will be able to schedule an appointment with the recruitment services team.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V