The Academic Counselor position acts as a liaison between the school and the students with respect to their degree requirements and progress supporting them through the completion of their educational goals. In addition, the position provides students with accurate, timely, complete and comprehensive information on University policies and practices.
Apollo Group, Inc. was founded in 1973 in response to a gradual shift in higher education demographics from a student population dominated by youth to one in which approximately half the students are adults and over 80 percent of whom work full-time. Apollo's founder, John Sperling, believed -- and events proved him right -- that lifelong employment with a single employer would be replaced by lifelong learning and employment with a variety of employers. Lifelong learning requires an institution dedicated solely to the education of working adults.
Today, Apollo Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, University of Phoenix, College for Financial Planning, Insight Schools, Inc., Institute for Professional Development, and Western International University, has established itself as a leading provider of higher education programs for working adults by focusing on servicing the needs of the working adult.
Apollo Group has enjoyed continual growth in student enrollments as well as building a strong financial record by having more than doubled its total enrollments and revenues between 2001 and 2005. Apollo Group, looking to continue the growth, completed its initial public offering on December 6, 1994 with a price of $0.72 per share (adjusted for stock splits).
Minimum Job Requirements:
• A bachelor’s degree is required from a regionally accredited institution. Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
• Computer literate and able to learn proprietary software applications.
• Must have a moderate level of analytical ability to perform conflict resolution and academic advisement.
• Incumbents must collect, analyze and interpret data in order to solve problems and/or trouble shoot potential issues.
• Must possess a significant level of interpersonal and communication skills. Incumbents must be able to lead, communicate, relate and/or interact effectively with others in difficult situations.
• Must have the ability to professionally and effectively deliver presentations to small and large groups.
• Must be results oriented and able to manage various projects or tasks simultaneously.
• General knowledge of the higher education industry preferred
Compensation: Highly competitive base salary and benefits including exceptional tuition plans for Bachelors, Masters, and PHDs,
Apply online at: apollogrpjobs.com
Please do not email resumes
Upon successful completion of the online application, if you meet our requirements you will be able to schedule an appointment with the recruitment services team.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V