Teach at West Denver Prep
• We are seeking Reading, Writing, Math, Science, and Social Studies teachers in grades 6-9
• Collaborate with other teachers on your campus and across our network, as well as curricular specialists and school leaders to set students up for success
• Structured planning time built into the school day to plan the highest quality lessons
• Support advisory duties for a group of students, including homework check and consistent parent communication
• Plan and lead an Enrichment class for students based on arts, music, sports, cooking, languages, etc.
• Collaborate with the Special Education team to ensure that instruction is always meeting the needs of all learners
• Constant reflection and growth as an educator by engaging with peers and leaders in regular observations and feedback
Our Mission and Core Beliefs
Through a demanding education of high standards, structure, and accountability, West Denver Prep prepares students in grades six through nine for educational success from middle school through college.
In support of our students, West Denver Prep is passionately committed to three Core Beliefs: Every child deserves a demanding, standards-based education; Accountable community develops character; Great teachers are essential for academic excellence.
Our Students and Results
• West Denver Prep has four of the top five secondary schools in Denver according to the 2011 School Performance Framework.
• Our student population is approximately 90% students of color and 92% qualify for free or reduced lunch.
• Across the network, 40% of students are English Language Learners and 10% receive Special Education services.
• Admission is open to all students (academic proficiency is not considered for selection).
Joining our Team
West Denver Prep will consider hiring a full-time teacher for placement at one of our seven campuses who:
• Is dedicated to educational success for urban students of color
• Has the highest commitment to improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration, best practices, and regular assessment
• Communicates effectively with students, parents, and colleagues
• Holds a B.A./B.S. degree in subject area intended to teach (preferred)
• Speaks Spanish or has experience working with bilingual students (preferred)
• Has urban teaching experience (preferred)
This position will begin on July 16, 2012. Compensation is highly competitive; teachers are eligible to participate in the Denver Public Schools Retirement System. West Denver Prep is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit our website at www.westdenverprep.org
Questions? Contact Nathalie Sosa at email@example.com