This position is responsible for determining award amounts of the financial aid Title IV awarding process which include loans and grants. This position is responsible to ensure compliance and maintain quality for accuracy and timely processing of applications. Additionally, this position facilitates the approval and denial process for leave of absence requests.
In 1976, Dr. John Sperling, a Cambridge-educated economist and professor-turned-entrepreneur, saw an opportunity—and seized it—to cater to working adults seeking higher education by offering convenient class times at local sites.
Now we are the nation's largest private university, offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs at more than 200 locations, as well as online in most countries around the world.
Driven by innovation in education, we have pioneered many of the conveniences that students now enjoy — evening classes, flexible scheduling, continuous enrollment, a student-centered environment, online classes, a digital library and computer simulations. In addition, the University has 20 years experience in online education — a kind of education that's research-proven to be just as effective as conventional instruction.
University of Phoenix parent company is Apollo Group, Inc. a recognized leader and innovator in adult education. Apollo Group, Inc. operates through its subsidiaries, The University of Phoenix, Inc., Institute for Professional Development, The College for Financial Planning Institutes Corporation, Western International University, Inc. and Axia College.
We are the largest private institution of higher education in the United States with the largest consolidated enrollment in our educational programs. Apollo Group, Inc. has over 14,000 regular, full-time employees and offers educational programs and services in campuses throughout every state in the United States and in Canada. Our dominance in the industry has not been by accident.
The primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Certification Officers may perform all or some of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented in the positions’ performance objectives as outlined by the Certification officer’s immediate supervisor or manager.
1. Comprehensively review financial aid file to analyze and determine Title IV requirements have been satisfied and award certification of loans and grants.
2. Process applications according to federal guidelines or regulations; denies aid if ineligible; performs needs analysis calculations according to guidelines and determines eligibility and appropriate awards.
3. Review prior aid year completion requirements to verify awarding continuing funds.
4. Review and determine student eligibility for a leave of absence and analyzes the financial aid implications. Initiate communication to students of leave of absence of approval or denial.
5. Meet production standards while maintaining quality and integrity.
6. Must have knowledge on financial aid, Title IV and state regulations, and internal policies and procedures. Must be flexible and adaptable to frequent changes to regulations, policies and procedure.
7. Performs other duties as assigned or as apparent.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• General knowledge of the higher education industry preferred
• Computer literate and able to learn proprietary software applications
• Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Previous customer service or processing center experience is preferred
• Must possess interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be self motivated and able to meet production and quality requirements
• Demonstrates and supports ethical behavior and adheres to compliance requirements
• Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment, perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day, and function in an environment with constant interruptions.
Compensation: Highly competitive base salary and benefits including exceptional tuition plans for Bachelors, Masters, and PHDs
Apply online at: www.apollogrpjobs.com
Please do not email resumes
Upon successful completion of the online application, if you meet our requirements you will be able to schedule an appointment with the recruitment services team.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V