Apply Now! The Early Application Deadline is Monday, May 7, 2012! Memphis City Schools is looking for teachers to fill an anticipated 10+ gifted vacancies for the 2012/2013 school year, with hiring beginning in March.
Memphis City Schools is looking for Gifted-endorsed teachers to fill an anticipated 10+ Gifted/Exceptional Children vacancies for the 2012/2013 school year, with hiring beginning in March.
With a highly selective application and screening process, becoming a Gifted teacher with Memphis City Schools will place you among an elite group of educators who are transforming lives and communities through their work in the classroom. Memphis City Schools offers:
• The highest starting salaries in the state ($41,000-$50,000 depending on experience)
• Targeted professional development through the Teaching and Learning Academy
• The opportunity for top teachers to be developed and rewarded through the Teacher Effectiveness Initiative.
• A great city to live in (Beale Street, the Grizzlies, Elvis, Sun Studios, The National Civil Rights Museum, Barbecue!)
Gifted teachers are responsible for establishing and maintaining a learning atmosphere conducive to the development of gifted and talented students. Candidates must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong problem solving skills, research skills, and the creativity required to write original, differentiated curriculum appropriately individualized for various ages of gifted and talented students. Must be willing to travel between schools and work with multiple age groups.
We are currently accepting applications for Gifted positions. Please visit http://www.teachmemphis.org to learn more about teaching in Memphis City Schools and to submit your application today.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university with a minimum 3.0 GPA, and meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Elementary certification and specific training in teaching gifted and talented students obtained through successful completion of a minimum of two graduate level courses: Characteristics of Gifted and Students and Methods and Strategies for Teaching the Gifted and talented.
• Must have a valid PreK-3 or PreK-6 Tennessee Teaching License.
• Certified in English 7-12 with specific training in teaching gifted and talented students obtained through successful completion of two graduate level courses: Characteristics of Gifted and Students and Methods and Strategies for Teaching the Gifted and Talented.
Memphis City Schools does not discriminate in its programs or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, age or genetics. For more information about the MCS discrimination policy, please contact the Office of Equity Compliance (901) 416-6670. For questions about Teach Memphis, please visit us at http://www.teachmemphis.org/contact/.