Become a Chemistry Teacher!
Apply Now! The Early Application Deadline is Monday, May 7, 2012!
Apply now at www.teachmemphis.org!
Memphis City Schools realizes that teachers matter, and the district, through its Teacher Effectiveness Initiative, is committing significant resources to attract, retain, develop, and reward top-performing teachers – giving teachers who want to make a real difference the tools to do so. This work puts MCS at the center of national conversations about education and positions it to be a national model for school reform. There’s never been a more exciting time to become a teacher with Memphis City Schools.
With a highly selective application and screening process, becoming a Chemistry teacher with Memphis City Schools will place you among an elite group of educators who are transforming lives and communities through their work in the classroom.
Candidates will benefit from a user-friendly online application and streamlined screening process.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Competitive salary starting at $41K - $50K+, depending on experience;
• Full medical benefits
• Retirement benefits through the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System
MCS provides extensive ongoing professional development and training for teachers through the district’s state-of-the-art Teaching & Learning Academy, a teacher induction program, ongoing mentoring and advancement opportunities.
We are currently accepting applications for Chemistry positions. Please visit www.teachmemphis.org to learn more about teaching in Memphis City Schools and to submit your application today.
No experience is necessary. Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Have a valid TN teaching license, a reciprocal teaching certificate from another state, or meet TN transitional licensure requirements (degree in Chemistry, 24 credit hours in Chemistry, or passing the Praxis II in Chemistry).
• Be highly qualified according to NCLB guidelines.
• Have a Bachelor’s degree or higher with a minimum GPA of 2.5; 2.75 for elementary.
• Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
• Pass a criminal background check.
Memphis City Schools does not discriminate in its programs or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, age or genetics. Contact the Office of Equity Compliance (901) 416-6670.
For more information about the application process, please visit www.teachmemphis.org. All inquiries should be directed to www.teachmemphis.org/contact.