Under general supervision this position is responsible for providing support services to the operational management, business systems, and accounting functions and personnel at the campus or division level.
Apollo Group, Inc. was founded in 1973 in response to a gradual shift in higher education demographics from a student population dominated by youth to one in which approximately half the students are adults and over 80 percent of whom work full-time. Apollo's founder, John Sperling, believed -- and events proved him right -- that lifelong employment with a single employer would be replaced by lifelong learning and employment with a variety of employers. Lifelong learning requires an institution dedicated solely to the education of working adults.
Today, Apollo Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, University of Phoenix, College for Financial Planning, Insight Schools, Inc., Institute for Professional Development, and Western International University, has established itself as a leading provider of higher education programs for working adults by focusing on servicing the needs of the working adult.
Apollo Group has enjoyed continual growth in student enrollments as well as building a strong financial record by having more than doubled its total enrollments and revenues between 2001 and 2005. Apollo Group, looking to continue the growth, completed its initial public offering on December 6, 1994 with a price of $0.72 per share (adjusted for stock splits).
• Coordinates the processing of all money received by campus operations by processing cash batches from the Point-Of-Sale system, preparing deposits, payment reconciliation, and posting fund transactions to accounts according to established company procedures and guidelines.
• Coordinates the administrative functions associated with campus business operations. Assists in the preparation of budgets.
• May maintain the campus petty cash fund.
• May coordinate the direct billing programs by preparing and tracking invoices, processing adjustments to invoices according to established company procedures and guidelines.
• Coordinates or assists in the preparation of routine or special reports to provide accurate and timely information to management as determined appropriate.
• May perform various accounts payable functions by tracking and reconciling invoices, processing payments for invoices in conjunction with established company procedures and guidelines.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must have a high school graduation diploma or equivalent.
• Must have a general of knowledge of accounting as normally obtained through the completion of one to two years work experience and/or the completion of undergraduate college coursework in accounting, finance, business or related field to apply this knowledge to perform the functions listed above. General knowledge of GAAP.
• Must have the ability to follow moderately complex oral or written instructions and communicate technical information to student or to other non-financial department or division personnel.
• Must have the ability to discuss financial information in potentially confrontation settings to bill and collect tuition payments from students or the students' place of employment.
• Must be familiar in the information technology areas, such as personal software packages and financial software to enter financial data, retrieve data, and present information in a written or spreadsheet form.
Compensation: Highly competitive base salary and benefits including exceptional tuition plans for Bachelors, Masters, and PHDs
Apply online at: http://jobs-apollo.com/
Please do not email resumes
Upon successful completion of the online application, if you meet our requirements you will be able to schedule an appointment with the recruitment services team.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V