Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for networking with local businesses, colleges and organizations, representing the partner institution at local events, and enhancing relationships with key decision makers in order to generate adult student leads and appropriately position the partner institution in the market.
Apollo Group, Inc. was founded in 1973 in response to a gradual shift in higher education demographics from a student population dominated by youth to one in which approximately half the students are adults and over 80 percent of whom work full-time. Apollo's founder, John Sperling, believed -- and events proved him right -- that lifelong employment with a single employer would be replaced by lifelong learning and employment with a variety of employers. Lifelong learning requires an institution dedicated solely to the education of working adults.
Today, Apollo Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, University of Phoenix, College for Financial Planning, Insight Schools, Inc., Institute for Professional Development, and Western International University, has established itself as a leading provider of higher education programs for working adults by focusing on servicing the needs of the working adult.
Apollo Group has enjoyed continual growth in student enrollments as well as building a strong financial record by having more than doubled its total enrollments and revenues between 2001 and 2005. Apollo Group, looking to continue the growth, completed its initial public offering on December 6, 1994 with a price of $0.72 per share (adjusted for stock splits).
• Develops and monitors a strategic plan to generate corporate and student leads for the partner institution programs.
• Develops productive community and corporate relationships through effective phone, email and face-to-face communication.
• Develops and maintains business relationships on behalf of the partner institution that will result in lead generation for enrollment representatives. Ensures leads are qualified and interested in entering a program of study offered by the partner institution.
• Represents the partner institution by participating in ongoing lead producing activities at corporations, such as information
• meetings, to generate interest in partner institution’s degree programs.
• Participates in or facilitates information meetings to disseminate course and program information to potential students.
• Conducts individual and group consultative sales presentations.
• Monitors and manages a corporate contact database.
• Consistently participates in scheduled enrollment and compliance training.
• Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• A thorough knowledge of business, marketing or higher education market and industry as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field.
• A minimum of 2 years successful outside sales and/or marketing experience highly preferred.
• Must have the ability to professionally and effectively deliver presentations to small and large groups.
• Must possess a high level of interpersonal communication skills to accurately convey information and increase positive awareness of the college/university.
• Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Working knowledge of database and software packages to enter, track, and maintain corporate client information.
• Must possess a valid driver's license as local travel is generally required.
• A high level of written and oral communication skills.
• Passionate belief in the power of education along with the desire to help adults achieve their academic, professional, and personal goals.
Compensation: Highly competitive base salary and benefits including exceptional tuition plans for Bachelors, Masters, and PHDs
Travel: Frequent travel required within designated territory.
Apply online at: http://jobs-apollo.com/
Please do not email resumes
Upon successful completion of the online application, if you meet our requirements you will be able to schedule an appointment with the recruitment services team.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V