Under general supervision, this position performs student recruitment activities by conducting telephone follow up with prospective students to answer routine inquiries, schedules meetings and appointments with prospective students, provides assistance with incoming telephone calls and walk-ins as needed, assists students with re-entry processes and other related tasks.
On a limited basis, this position is responsible for providing information to undergraduate and graduate students regarding admissions and degree completion requirements, as well as enrolling students for the partner university?s graduate, undergraduate and certificate programs, requiring the use of judgment and discretion.
Apollo Group, Inc. was founded in 1973 in response to a gradual shift in higher education demographics from a student population dominated by youth to one in which approximately half the students are adults and over 80 percent of whom work full-time. Apollo's founder, John Sperling, believed -- and events proved him right -- that lifelong employment with a single employer would be replaced by lifelong learning and employment with a variety of employers. Lifelong learning requires an institution dedicated solely to the education of working adults.
Today, Apollo Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, University of Phoenix, College for Financial Planning, Insight Schools, Inc., Institute for Professional Development, and Western International University, has established itself as a leading provider of higher education programs for working adults by focusing on servicing the needs of the working adult.
Apollo Group has enjoyed continual growth in student enrollments as well as building a strong financial record by having more than doubled its total enrollments and revenues between 2001 and 2005. Apollo Group, looking to continue the growth, completed its initial public offering on December 6, 1994 with a price of $0.72 per share
• On a limited basis, works with assigned student inquiries to recruit students for graduate and undergraduate programs by calling on prospective students, disseminating approved partner university course information and enrolling students. Ensures new students are oriented to the partner university?s policies and services prior to enrollment.
• On a limited basis, conducts student appointments to disseminate course and program information to new or potential students. This includes informing potential students with respect to admissions, degree options, requirements as provided by the university partner, and providing information on partner university policy, practices and rules, requiring the use of judgment and discretion.
• On a limited basis, works with previously enrolled students for re-entry to their existing program or for matriculation to the next level program. This includes providing information on admissions, degree options and requirements as provided by the university partner, and providing information on partner university policy, practices and rules, requiring the use of judgment and discretion.
• As needed, participates and assists in resolving student complaints to ensure resolution.
• Assists with collecting applications, transcripts, and tuition payments,
• Assists with the preparation of collateral materials for student orientations, information meetings, and job fairs as needed.
• May participate in the setup, coordination and facilitation of job fairs as requested.
• May assist in new lead generation through participation in telemarketing, mailings, and cold calling in accordance with established standard operating procedures.
• Competently conducts the activities necessary for proper recruitment of undergraduate and graduate students, following established guidelines and standards.
• May assist in the development and dissemination of cohort projection sheets.
• May assist in the compilation and preparation of student admission files prior to submission to the partner university’s academic advisement department.
• Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• High school diploma or equivalent education required. Bachelor degree preferred.
• One to two years experience in a customer service position preferred.
• A general understanding of educational programs offered to perform clerical and administrative support to the student admissions process, as described above.
• Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions as they relate to the functions listed above.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner.
• Must have a working knowledge of personal software packages in order to perform enrollment functions as described above.
• Must possess a valid driver's license as local travel is generally required.
• Must have sufficient oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to assist students with inquiries, schedule meetings and appointments, as well as, provide assistance with incoming telephone calls and walk-ins, as described above.
Compensation: Highly competitive base salary and benefits including exceptional tuition plans for Bachelors, Masters, and PHDs
Apply online at: http://jobs-apollo.com/
Please do not email resumes
Upon successful completion of the online application, if you meet our requirements you will be able to schedule an appointment with the recruitment services team.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V