The primary responsibility of the B2C (business-to-consumer) Advisor is to provide initial and ongoing support to mid and large size accounts within an assigned geography. Responsible for presenting program offerings to clients and students, and assisting prospective students with entrance into the university’s programs. Must possess strong interpersonal skills, be friendly, enthusiastic, student focused and driven to provide an optimal student experience.
Apollo Group, Inc. was founded in 1973 in response to a gradual shift in higher education demographics from a student population dominated by youth to one in which approximately half the students are adults and over 80 percent of whom work full-time. Apollo's founder, John Sperling, believed -- and events proved him right -- that lifelong employment with a single employer would be replaced by lifelong learning and employment with a variety of employers. Lifelong learning requires an institution dedicated solely to the education of working adults.
Today, Apollo Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, University of Phoenix, College for Financial Planning, Insight Schools, Inc., Institute for Professional Development, and Western International University, has established itself as a leading provider of higher education programs for working adults by focusing on servicing the needs of the working adult.
• Informs and inspires potential students about how UOPX changes lives, and how additional education can enhance their future potential
• Partners with B2B (business-to-business) Advisors on joint client calls to initiate and grow client relationships.
• Conducts information sessions for potential students and particpates in client-sponsored events and activities.
• Attends networking events to develop industry and community contacts
• Schedules follow up meetings for potential students to meet with Campus advisors.
• Responds to service needs that do not encompass core relationship development/selling responsibilities
• Remains informed and knowlegable about UOPX program offerings to educate and advise clients and students
• Attends and participates in regional professional and business organizations to represent UOPX capabilities, build community awareness of UOPX brand and educational offerings to develop new business opportunities.
• Performs other duties as assigned or apparent
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• BA/BS in Business Administration, Management, Marketing or related field required.
• 3-5 years prior experience in inside sales, account management or customer service required
• In-depth knowledge of a university academic model preferred, as may be gained through experience as either an alumni or faculty
• Experience with adult learning and development models preferred
• Integrity and outstanding judgment in all business matters
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate professionally, persuasively and confidently over phone, e-mail and face to face appointments
• Ability to work collaboratively across departments, functions and cultures
• Strong professional presence and demonstrated ability to present to key decision makers
• Demonstrated experience with leveraging a CRM tool to guide day-to-day activities
• Occasional overnight travel may be required, including training, conferences, internal meetings, etc.
• Reliable, presentable ground transportation a must.
• Employee will be working outside the office an estimated 75% of the time on average.
Compensation: Highly competitive base salary and benefits including exceptional tuition plans for Bachelors, Masters, and PHDs
Apply online at: www.apollogrpjobs.com
Search #: 5571
Please do not email resumes
Upon successful completion of the online application, if you meet our requirements you will be able to schedule an appointment with the recruitment services team.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V